Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Week 7 - The Image Culture

Images are where my organised life falls into an abyss of embarrassment. I have photos and videos everywhere and when I do try and start to organise, like I tried with Picasa, Google goes and changes it with Google+. This was the page that greeted me when I wanted to learn more about Picasa and Google+ integration (saving this for later reading):

Clipped from support.google.com/picasa
Saying that, when I finally worked out how to use my screen capture app, I saved the captured webpage into Picasa and added it to this blog from there! Seamless integration, once I worked it out.

I read other blogger comments about Picasa Web Albums and Google+ and learnt how to turn off the Picasa Photo automatic notification check box from Bearman Cartoons. That was a great tip as it is so annoying to be notifying people you had shared an album with and then added more photos to.

Photo Banks - I usually recommend students use Flickr CC for finding and using online images in their assessment/homework tasks. I really like Flick CC as it searches creative commons images and the photo bank is impressive. Now I also like morgueFile after investigating it this week. I really like that is creative commons and I also really like the morgueFile classroom for learning how to take and edit images.

After discussions with my colleague, who is also completing this fab course, I am off to integrate my new photo editing knowledge and image bank knowledge with our school's Diigo presence. And I also need to check out Zoom.it..it is very useful (especially for the image above).


No comments:

Post a Comment