Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Week 3 when we are up to Week 7

I think the most important thing I am taking out of this training is the same way I feel about Web 2.0 in general..there is so much great stuff out there to learn about and use.....just not enough time.

Anyway, I already tweet at 2 places - one is my pln and one is for where I work.  I quite like tweeting cause you don't need a lot of time to use and can dive in or out when you have a few minutes to spare. I also use my pln to remember great online articles, websites and tools that I have found online. I do sync all my bookmarks through Google so I am repeating myself but it works.

Pinterest...I am not a collector and I worry about the copyright issues with pinning other people's images. I did read an article that made me think twice and while I know the article considers copyright in the USA, that just muddies the water as I am sure many people don't know from what country their pinned images are from. So, while I see great uses for Pinterest  such as for Visual Arts students deciding on a major work theme, it's not for me right now.

1 comment:

  1. Fair enough! pinterest isn't for everyone but it's worth noting that it always references the source of the image with a link. pinning a pic doesn't mean you own it or are publishing you are in essence creating a visual reference to another site. In any case when I pin photos I always make sure I clearly state who the photographer is for the very reasons you mentioned. The internet is changing the way copyright is perceived there is an interesting video series on it that you might want to check out http://vimeo.com/14912890
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts Megan and I wouldn't worry, there is still plenty of time for you to catch up :)

    ReplyDelete